WLO’s Trustees form the Council, which is the governing body of WLO, and meets two times a year. Trustees, who are all unpaid volunteers, are responsible for everything WLO does.
These responsibilities are:
- to ensure that WLO abides by its charitable aims and constitution, and operates within the law;
- to be ultimately accountable for the overall management of WLO;
- to ensure that income and assets are used to help WLO’s beneficiaries, and that its finances are properly and effectively managed and monitored;
- to set policy and objectives, and to ensure the monitoring of their implementation and evaluation of the results;
- topreserve WLO’s good name and reputation.